Spanish Translation

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Asking Meaningful Questions ????

Over the last two days we have been talking about how asking questions before, during and after we read a story allows us to understand the text better.  We read the story All I See by Cynthia Rylant.  Before I read the story, I recorded my first grade friend's questions about this book.  What were they thinking about after looking at the title and seeing a few pictures?  We labeled those questions with a B (before I read the book).  As we were reading, I would also record what questions were coming to their minds.  We talked about how the questions we have should help us understand the story. The questions my first grade friends came up with I labeled a D for questions during the story.  Then, when the story was over I asked them to think about they were still wondering.  I recorded these questions and labeled them with a A for after the story.  
Take a peek at their very insightful questions.
Lesson from Reading with Meaning-Debbie Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment